Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved

Have a client using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online, and I was trying to connect using Plugin Registration Tool from SDK (v5.0.16) but received error: Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved. Came home from office and tested it at home and it worked fine. I immediately realised this has to be proxy server configuration that caused the problem.

So, quick search on the web and found the following article:
http://xrmbits.com/plugin-registration-tool-error-metadata-contains-a-reference-that-cannot-be-resolved/

Essentially, we can use app.config file to specify the proxy settings. Example provided in the article above:






  
    
  



However, it didnt work for me. Then, I found the following: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio/suggestions/2397357-fix-it-so-that-net-apps-can-access-http-thru-auth

Then updated the config file to the following


 
 


Hope this post helps someone out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Error when defaulting field value using paramaters on form

Request not supported new_xxx when calling Custom Action via WebApi

CRM 4: Cannot login - 'Invalid Action', key has expired.